Bourbon Honey Chicken Quarters
4-6 free-range chicken quarters (we sell at the cafe or Old Town farmers market)
Half cup of Bourbon
3/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup local honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 crushed garlic cloves (include small bits if you like the taste)
1 tablespoon of fresh ground ginger (include small grated bits if you like the taste)
3 spring onions
- Thaw chicken thoroughly.
- Heat the bourbon, honey, orange juice, garlic and ginger over a low heat, do not boil, just allow mixture to blend.
- Take off heat and add soy sauce and onions.
- Place chicken in a cooking dish.
- Mix up the marinade well and coat the chicken.
- Keep in refrigerator till you want to cook (at least a couple of hours, overnight is good too)
- Bake or grill till nice and crispy, making sure to baste regularly with the sauce.
- Boil any left over sauce on stove-top to reduce (make sure you boil as it’s had chicken marinating in it!) and use as extra sauce to coat post cooking.