Mustard Glazed Roast Beef with Mushroom Sauce
This is a very simple roast that will easily become a go-to recipe. Serve with your favorite sides.
2-3 lb Grass-fed Beef Roast
2 tbsp Dijon Mustard. 1/2 tsp ground pepper
3 cups Fresh mushrooms
4 Green onions (sliced into 1/2 piecers)
1 Garlic clove
2 tbsp Butter
1/4 Cup flour (for Paleo substitute with arrowroot)
1/2 tsp Thyme, crushed
1.5 Cups beef broth
1/4 cup light cream/milk
1. Rub mustard and pepper onto meat.
2. Place meat on rack in a shallow roasting pan.
3. Roast at 275 degrees till 140 for medium rare (1.5-2 hrs) or 155 for medium (1.75 -2.25 hrs).
4. Cover with foil and let stand 15 minutes.
1. Cook mushrooms, green onions and garlic in hot saucepan until onions are tender.
2. Stir in flour and thyme.
3. Gradually stir in beef broth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
4. Stir in cream, cook and stir until heated through.
5. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Serve with sauce atop meat.